tнє ℓσνє σf ℓєαяnιng, tнє ѕєqυєѕtєяє∂ nσσкѕ αn∂ αℓℓ tнє ѕωєєt ѕєяєnιtу σf bσσкѕ. - нєηяу ωα∂ѕωσяtн ℓσngƒєℓℓσω
today 6/2/16 on aobibliosphere™ [aobibliospotlight™: A Boy Made of Blocks by Keith Stuart]

Wednesday, November 17, 2010

romancing the books

"hold a book in your hand and you're a pilgrim at the gates of a new city." 
- Anne Michaels citing a Hebrew saying in Fugitive Pieces

Free Picture of a Withered Rose on an Antique Book. Click Here to Get Free Images at Clipart Guide.com

my love affair with books began at an early age. i grew up surrounded by them. my mom was a collector and at the old homestead i recall how our bookshelf was filled with her romance and sci-fi books. when i couldn't read yet, i used to stare at those tomes  and wondered what the rectangular shaped things were for. little did i know that once i learned what their function was and what they could offer, i was going to be hooked for life.
this blog is about books - my life-long romance with them and my journey of discovery and learning. it is also a tribute to all their authors and to all the books yet to be read and written.
take a joy ride with me then and i hope to make the trip worth your while. 


Carolina [WritnBlock] said...

Hi aobibliophile!
I understand you completely. A love affair with literature is no passing trend and it will hold you captive for life.

Mine began late, in my first year of high school. I was fortunate enough to have an English teacher that was truly passionate about al-things-literature, and his passion was utterly contagious.

It's funny how some people, like some books, can mark you for life. Every time I pick up a book I think of this teacher and secretly thank him for having opened a door that I will never close.

I'll be following your blog and I look forward to reading all about your love affair :)


aobibliophile™ said...

hi Carolina[WritnBlock]and thanks for following.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...