Come live in my heart and pay no rent. - Samuel Lover
|From Dorrance Publishing|
this 32-page illustrated book is so simple and unassuming but it struck me with its profound message. i read it twice in one sitting and as i reflected on it, i came up with the following questions/insights:
- how often do we really take time to pause and look at the beauty around us?
- have we ever at least stopped once from our busy and stress-filled lives to appreciate our surroundings and be thankful that we are alive despite life's challenges?
- when we face a mirror, have we really looked at ourselves and love what we see or are we so conscious of the wrinkles that were not there before?
- are we always in a hurry to go somewhere because we might be late for our appointments or work and would not want to get caught in the rush hour?
- have we really listened to our loved ones when they had something to say?
- do we spend quality time with our parents, siblings and children?
- have we gone out of our way to do something worthwhile to ease someone's pain and suffering either by sharing our goods or by simply being with them?
- why is it that we see but fail to look, hear but not listen, touch but not feel?
* The Adventures of The Three Angels is available in paperback and Adobe Acrobat (.pdf) formats at
for more information, please visit: http://dorrance.stores.yahoo.net/
my personal rating is:
Disclosure of Material Connection: i received a complimentary copy of The Adventures of The Three Angels as a member of the Dorrance Publishing Book Review Team. visit dorrancebookstore.com to learn how you can become a member of the Book Review Team. i did not receive any payment in exchange for this review nor was I obligated to write a positive one. all opinions expressed here are entirely my own and may not necessarily agree with those of the author, the book's publisher and publicist or the readers of this review. this disclosure is in accordance with the Federal Trade Commission's 16 CFR, Part 255, Guides Concerning the Use of Endorsements and Testimonials in Advertising.