tнє ℓσνє σf ℓєαяnιng, tнє ѕєqυєѕtєяє∂ nσσкѕ αn∂ αℓℓ tнє ѕωєєt ѕєяєnιtу σf bσσкѕ. - нєηяу ωα∂ѕωσяtн ℓσngƒєℓℓσω
today 6/2/16 on aobibliosphere™ [aobibliospotlight™: A Boy Made of Blocks by Keith Stuart]

Thursday, March 3, 2011

a brother's love: guest post by author Sheila Hendrix



 1 March 2011
Dear Matt,

I'm writing you this letter because I wanted you to know how I feel. It's hard for me to say the words so I wrote them down.

I just wanted to let you know that I love you very much. Ever since we were little, when our parents left us to fend for ourselves, I knew I would be the one to protect you, take care of you.

I know you sometimes felt you were a burden to me. Don't ever think that. You're not a burden and never have been.

I wish I could remember some of the good times we've had but they are so few. You've always made me laugh. You've done some funny things. Like the time I told you to put some baked potatos in the microwave. You forgot to prick then and they blew up. The look on your face was priceless.

I also remember the time you threw a rock and knocked out the window of my car. I could have killed you. I watch you drop to your belly and try to crawl away, hoping I wouldn't see you but I did and I laughed so hard my side hurt.

Those are just two of the funny things you did. It's a pleasure laughing with you, fighting beside you and riding everywhere with you. I so wish there were a lot more goodtimes than bad.

The bad seems to have outweighed the good. You've always had dreams and visions and I knew I would always have to be there to look after you. So many times evil has come to call but they never got what they wanted, never got you. 

You're special Matt and because of that something is always going to come after you, but as I live and breathe it will have to go through me to get to you. That's one of the reasons I became a hunter and got you in it too. We need to destroy evil so it can't destroy us or other humans.  

My heart has broken for you so many times. I wish you could be a normal kid, have a normal life but you can't. Evil will always hunt you and try to control you. I want you to know it won't win. 

We beat the spirit that killed your girlfriend. We beat the spirit of that serial killer and the voodoo priest that wanted so bad to control you. We escaped from the Satanic cult and beat them too.

Alanya told me he's tried to destroy you all our lives but I always stopped him before he could. I always will Matt. I'll always protect you no matter what. Alanya didn't win and neither will anything else that comes along. Not while I'm alive and breathing. I'll always protect you Matt, not because it's my job, but because you're my little brother and I love you.

I just wanted you to know.

Zack

Sheila Hendrix is a native of Alabama and lives there with her husband of fifteen years and two dogs. she is the author of the Young Adult series The Dark Circle. aside from working on other books in the McCannon brothers' series, she also does reviews for two magazines. for more information about Sheila and her work, visit her website at http://sheilahendrix.com/


i would like to thank Sheila Hendrix for guest posting today. her book The Betrayal is on tour with NURTURE Virtual BOOK Tourz™ from March 1-15, 2011 and i am proud to be a part of it. 

do stop by again on March 9, 2011  for a giveaway of one print and one ebook copy of The Betrayal. check out the book trailer and my review  here.





 

1 comment:

SiNn said...

shown some suport ty for stopping by the blog that letter was just wow ty for posting

mortalsinn@yahoo

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...