tнє ℓσνє σf ℓєαяnιng, tнє ѕєqυєѕtєяє∂ nσσкѕ αn∂ αℓℓ tнє ѕωєєt ѕєяєnιtу σf bσσкѕ. - нєηяу ωα∂ѕωσяtн ℓσngƒєℓℓσω
today 6/2/16 on aobibliosphere™ [aobibliospotlight™: A Boy Made of Blocks by Keith Stuart]

Monday, April 11, 2011

08 Book Lovin' Bitches Ebook Tours guest post: storm of magick by L. A. Burton


Thirteen years ago, I picked up ‘Blue Moon by Laurell K. Hamilton.’ I ate up the characters and storyline. Within a few months, I devoured all the ‘Anita Blake’ books. After that, I re-read the books many times. In 2000, I decided that I wanted to write a series that readers would love.
 
I started immediately with research, which is something I have always I took notes, developed characters and picked out a location for Logan’s world. Some of the issues I ran into, as a new writer was I didn’t know anything about the publishing industry. I was even new to my own genera. I use to only read biographies or fact stuff.

 
While learning the ropes about writing, I was also learning how to network. Not easy. But, I think my biggest challenging was being a mom to at the time a six year old. She didn’t understand all the time I was working on the computer. She tended to get into things to get my attention. Then she went through a period when she was embarrassed of me being a dark fantasy/horror writer.

  
My husband has also gotten into the act. He reads everything I’ve ever written. Only other two people besides have read the many versions of Logan Wolf Chronicles are my husband and my writing partner. If you can believe, it ‘Storm of Magick’ was not the actual first book. The original first was ‘Realm of Relics’, which has been moved to book four. It will have to go through a major rewrite to go along with the changes of the series. But, all and all I wouldn't change anything about being a writer.
Blurb from Goodreads:  
What would you say if you found out a half vampire half fairie hybrid existed? Impossible! Yeah, I thought the same thing.
  
Logan’s not your average witch. For one thing, she can’t control her magic. For another, she’s just broken a major magical law (which sucks). Now if that secret gets out she will become the hunted. Jack the Ripper’s surgical kit has been stolen and his spirit is in control of a human and now he is recreating the White Chapel murders. Will Logan find Jack before he tries to kill her? Logan’s really having a hell of a week. Some days she should just stay in bed.

Excerpt from Storm of Magick:  
 
One of the men at the table was Raiden, a roughly four hundred-year-old vashon and Master of the City. I had been fascinated to find out the vashon still existed. The vampire fairie hybrid race was said to have vanished a few centuries ago. The only problem with the vashon was since they weren’t strictly either vampire or fairie so their looks and powers varied greatly.
 
The spell and the transition for the change from human to vashon was long and painful. The human had to have some kind of magick to begin with and many didn’t survive the process. New vashon can’t go in the sun. They don’t have fangs, but feed on magick with their hands. Like fairies, they have magickal abilities and they can be hurt by certain spells. There isn’t any public knowledge  of how to kill them, but I know how
.
*Storm of Magick is available for Kindle at Amazon and in multiple formats at Smashwords
 
L.A. Burton
author L. A. Burton lives in Ohio with her family, her cat Crysie, the ghost of her late cat Cougar and her  Jack Russell Terrier Piper. aside from doing research and writing her novels, L. A.  writes spells, reads Tarot cards and practices witchcraft in her spare time.
for more information about L. A. and her work, please visit her website http://www.laburton.org/ and follow her around the web through Twitter, Facebook, Authors Den, Goodreads and Shelfari.


i would like to say thank you to L. A. Burton for guest posting today and to you as well for stopping by. 

have a great Monday everyone! 




No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...