tнє ℓσνє σf ℓєαяnιng, tнє ѕєqυєѕtєяє∂ nσσкѕ αn∂ αℓℓ tнє ѕωєєt ѕєяєnιtу σf bσσкѕ. - нєηяу ωα∂ѕωσяtн ℓσngƒєℓℓσω
today 6/2/16 on aobibliosphere™ [aobibliospotlight™: A Boy Made of Blocks by Keith Stuart]

Tuesday, May 10, 2011

15 Book Lovin Bitches Ebook Tours guest post: Rosie by Mariam Maarouf


I tried to Google “How to start a guest post”. I really did.

So, there.

A very huge thank you to aobibliophile™ for hosting this post, and to BLB ebook tours for making this happen. Here, I’m going to post some extras related to my debut YA novel, Rosie.

But first of all, for those of you who don’t know about Rosie…

Synopsis:

“In life, nothing is the same as it seems. People create masks –identities – to hide who they really are –some for noble reasons, or nefarious ones, but only a tiny fraction because they must.
Alessandra and Damien, or Rosalie and Daniel, were once the Princess and Prince of La Pacifica until they were forced out of the beautiful island. Eight months flew by, and they finally began to settle in Alexandria, Egypt, when they found out that they didn’t leave their past behind them, and that they were both wanted urgently.
Dead.”






Interview with Carlo*
(Alessandra & Damien’s cousin)


Full name: Carlo Alexander Theophilus.
Age: 26.
Birth Place: La Pacifica.
Hair Color: Light brown.
Eye Color: Dark brown.
Social Status: Single.

So, Carlo…
Yes?

Let’s start from the beginning. What made you want to join the Royal Special Forces even though you’re practically royalty?
Ever since I was a little kid, I’ve wanted to do something important. You know, be useful in any way. And the idea of being a protector was very intriguing to me. Plus, I thought the Special Forces knew more about everyone surrounding us than I did. And they do.

Mhmm. I see.
What? Have you never had some career goal in your life?

That’s not the point now. Next question, why doesn’t the King believe you, in general?
I’m afraid I don’t have a direct answer to that question, Mariam, but I have a guess about that. Our relationship has roughened since Damien Jr. decided he didn’t want to be a King some day for two reasons: one, he thought I encouraged him to do so, and, two, since my father has left the ruling for the current King, who’s his younger brother, and Alessandra is about ten years younger than me, if something happened before she turns twenty-one (if the King dies), I would be the King – at least until she’s old enough and willing to rule.

Wow. What’s about the ruling issue that scares everyone off?
It’s the responsibility associated with it.

Figures. Question number three, or four: How did you and Damien, who’s 8 years younger than you, get along as friends?
You can’t really call it friendship. He’s family, and he always comes to me instead of his father. He and Sandra are my siblings. It’s more of a brotherhood than a friendship.

What’s your deepest regret?
One of my murders. Only the very first one.

You’re speaking as if they’re nothing – what about the rest?
I have absolutely no regrets about them.

Why not?
I don’t regret anything that I do for a reason that is good enough for me.

Carlo, do you have a reason to shoot me?
Not right now.

Phew. Back to the interview: Name one person you’re proud of and why.
Damien; he’s doing a pretty good job being the big brother bear.

Excuse me?
He’s protective of his sister.

What’s your favorite pastime?
Hunting, horse-riding and drawing.

Drawing?
Don’t you know? I’m an artist.

You are?
No. But the look on your face was priceless. I’m not into any kind of art, me being the artist, but I’m picky when it comes to music.

So what are your favorite genres?
Classics and modern jazz.

Random question: why are you single?
I didn’t find someone to understand me well. I was engaged, you know, but she didn’t get me; I wouldn’t get married to someone who doesn’t appreciate and know the difference between different guns in my collection.

You have a collection of different guns?
I do. Some are antiques and some are modern, but I never use them. No-one is allowed to touch them anyways.

What’s your motto?
If you live like a dog, you die like a dog.

What does that mean?
It means that no one changes, but it’s up to them to decide who they want to be.

Final question: Do you have anything to say to anyone?
I do, but I’d rather tell them face-to-face.

Thanks, Carlo; that was an interesting talk. Any final words?
Never put full trust in anyone, no matter how close they are to you.

*Carlo's photo used by author is credited to:
http://indiae.deviantart.com/gallery/?offset=72#/d2e6p0n




Excerpt from Rosie:

I observed the sky darken gradually, slowly, from light blue to pitch black with only one constant factor –the clouds. The road to Cairo wasn’t considered long –around two and a half hours—but it didn’t seem like that since I was longing to get as far as ever possible from the place where danger was present.

If it was only my life that was at stake, I wouldn’t have thrown much of a fit about the whole deal. But even if I had chosen to be some sort of a suicidal psych, I couldn’t put another soul into the equation. It wasn’t her fault I had failed her and was probably the reason we were in the situation we were in. Trying to fix what I had done by giving up to the danger we were surrounded by was yet another way to fail her, myself and most importantly, our parents.

One day, I, Damien Theophilus the Second, would avenge my family’s murder. And I couldn’t care less about the how’s or the when’s; all I could care about was the final result.

This was more personal than a mere attack on our kingdom.





Mariam Maarouf is a 17-year-old editor, translator, student and above all – just a teen. She lives in Alexandria, Egypt, writes articles for school magazines and has been working in a publishing house for a couple of years now. Rosie is her debut novel.


follow Mariam around the web:

Like what you’ve read so far? You ca
n go check out more extras, including character profiles, Rosie’s trailer and comics. ^^,

You can buy Rosie (out since April 22, 2011 in paperback and January 17, 2011 in Kindle format) online from the following links:




i would like to thank Mariam Maarouf for guest posting today and to you as well for stopping by.




No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...