tнє ℓσνє σf ℓєαяnιng, tнє ѕєqυєѕtєяє∂ nσσкѕ αn∂ αℓℓ tнє ѕωєєt ѕєяєnιtу σf bσσкѕ. - нєηяу ωα∂ѕωσяtн ℓσngƒєℓℓσω
today 6/2/16 on aobibliosphere™ [aobibliospotlight™: A Boy Made of Blocks by Keith Stuart]

Friday, October 7, 2011

08 Masters & Mistresses of the Genre: Maria Savva - inspired by life

welcome to the Masters & Mistresses of the Genre Series featuring
Maria Savva: 
Mistress of Fiction




"Hello everyone! Firstly, I would like to thank aobibliophile™ for inviting me to write a guest post on this blog. I am honoured to be among such talent in the Masters and Mistresses of the Genre series.

My love of writing was preceded by my love of reading.  As a child I devoured books.  The written word has always been something that has long fascinated me. I enjoy the way words can be used to mean different things depending on how a sentence is constructed.  I like reading books that make me feel emotions.

I think my love of reading developed as I was a very shy child.  Books were a form of escapism for me.  Being shy and quiet can have a few advantages.  I believe that when you listen more than speak you do tend to become more aware of other people’s body language.  It’s all in the observation.  I think this skill serves me well in my writing.  I’ve often been told by my readers that they feel as if I am taking them into my character’s minds when they read my books, and that the characters seem like real people. 

I write across a variety of genres, but would say that all of my books contain at least a couple of the following: drama, mystery, suspense, romance, humour.

All of my writing is fictional but inspired by real life.  I used to love those films on TV in the ‘70s and ‘80s that were ‘based on a true story’.  I think drama is always more effective and intriguing when there is an element of reality involved.

I believe that there is no difference in the entertainment value provided by a short story or a novel.  A story can be told in many words or fewer words, but can still be told as effectively both ways.  It’s great to read a good novel where you can fall in love with the characters and follow them on a journey, often not wanting it to end.  And with short stories you can read them in one sitting, perhaps in a few minutes, and there is that feeling of satisfaction that comes with getting to the end of the story.  In this ever increasing speed that we live at, I think short stories could grow in popularity.  I’d like that to happen." 





Maria Savva
Maria was born in London in 1970.  she lives and works there.  she is a  qualified solicitor and writes novels and short stories. 
Maria's official website is at http://www.mariasavva.com. her social networking sites and purchase links/blurbs of her books can be found on there. 

i would like to say thank you to Maria Savva for guest posting today and to you as well for stopping by. watch out for my next master or mistress of the genre.


No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...