tнє ℓσνє σf ℓєαяnιng, tнє ѕєqυєѕtєяє∂ nσσкѕ αn∂ αℓℓ tнє ѕωєєt ѕєяєnιtу σf bσσкѕ. - нєηяу ωα∂ѕωσяtн ℓσngƒєℓℓσω
today 6/2/16 on aobibliosphere™ [aobibliospotlight™: A Boy Made of Blocks by Keith Stuart]

Friday, November 25, 2011

Rhemalda Publishing release day blitz: tangled tides by Karen Amanda Hooper

announces the release today of:

Tangled Tides: The Sea Monster Memoirs
by Karen Amanda Hooper


Yara Jones doesn’t believe in sea monsters—until she becomes one.

When a hurricane hits her island home and she wakes up with fins, Yara finds herself tangled up in an underwater world of mysterious merfolk and secretive selkies. Both sides believe Yara can save them by fulfilling a broken promise and opening the sealed gateway to their realm, but they are battling over how it should be done. The selkies want to take her life. The merfolk want something far more precious.

Treygan, the stormy-eyed merman who turned Yara mer, will stop at nothing and sacrifice everything to protect his people—until he falls for Yara. The tides turn as Yara fights to save herself, hundreds of sea creatures, and the merman who has her heart. She could lose her soul in the process—or she might open the gateway to a love that’s deeper than the oceans.


“Didn’t you hear the hurricane warning?” I called over my shoulder. I raced back with the towel, but when I reached him I slipped on the wet tiles. He caught me by the arm and I blushed. I tried to cover my embarrassment by handing him the towel, but he just held it, not drying off or wrapping it around himself like I expected. He stood there silently.
“Um, you’ll be safe here if you need a place to stay during the storm.” I glanced around, pulling my damp hair into a ponytail and trying not to stare at his half-naked body. “If you need to, you could borrow some clothes from my—”
“Yara,” he quietly interrupted.
I stiffened. I could’ve sworn his blue eyes darkened and teal lightning flashed around his pupils. “How do you know my name?”
“I need you to trust me.” His voice was like a soothing rumble of thunder. “Let me take you someplace safe.”
Again, teal lightning bolts streaked across his irises. I couldn’t stop staring at them. My head felt hazy and disconnected from my neck, but I nodded.
He took my hands in his and I didn’t resist. I should have, but I couldn’t. His words stretched through the space between us like warm taffy. “If you want me to take you someplace safe, you have to say that’s your wish.”
I had no control of the words that came out of my mouth. My lips felt fuzzy as I spoke. “I wish for you to take me someplace safe.”
An invisible ribbon that felt like velvet wrapped around us, pulling us close and tying us together. The house and everything in it fell away. We began floating through a mesmerizing silver fog. Were we dancing? We glided and twirled in different directions. The steady beat of his heart pounded against mine. A scent of honey mixed with salty ocean air kissed my nose, evoking muddled memories from my childhood. Rain drops tickled my skin as the sound of howling winds and crashing waves grew louder yet more melodic. I held Treygan tighter, never wanting whatever this was to end.
Water caressed my legs, like I was sinking into a warm, inviting bath. I felt calm, peaceful, and safe. Treygan’s tranquil voice echoed inside my cloud of euphoria.
“Take a deep breath,” he whispered into my ear.
So I did.

book trailer

about the author:

Karen Amanda Hooper
Karen was born and bred in Baltimore, frolicked and froze in Colorado for a couple of years and is currently sunning and splashing around Florida with her two beloved dogs. she's addicted to coffee, chocolate and complicated happily-ever-afters.

Karen has been making up stories for as long as she can remember, but it wasn’t until her late twenties that she wrote her first novel. due to her strong Disney upbringing, she still believes in fairytales and will forever sprinkle magic throughout all of her novels.

follow Karen on the web
where to purchase the book:

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...