tнє ℓσνє σf ℓєαяnιng, tнє ѕєqυєѕtєяє∂ nσσкѕ αn∂ αℓℓ tнє ѕωєєt ѕєяєnιtу σf bσσкѕ. - нєηяу ωα∂ѕωσяtн ℓσngƒєℓℓσω
today 6/2/16 on aobibliosphere™ [aobibliospotlight™: A Boy Made of Blocks by Keith Stuart]

Wednesday, December 7, 2011

45 BLB Book Tours guest post: character interview by Abria Mattina

Wake by Abria Mattina

WAKE by Abria Mattina

Kindle / Barnes & Noble

Pages: 727
Published September 22nd 2011
ISBN: 9780986957
 
Eighteen isn’t too young to run your life into the ground, but it’s not too old to fix it, either. The desire for change drives Willa Kirk from St. John’s, Newfoundland back to her hometown of Smiths Falls, Ontario, away from her mistakes and the place where her sister died. She’s looking for a place to settle and rebuild, but Jem Harper just wants to get out of town, back to the life he knew before cancer. By letting the tragedies in their lives define them, they are both dying a little more every day. Welcome to the wake.

Interview with Willa and Jem

Characters from WAKE by Abria Mattina


1. What's your favourite band/genre/song?

Willa: "Roll Away Your Stone" by Mumford & Sons. Jem: It changes by the hour. Depends on what mood I'm in and how loud I can play it. Vivaldi is my favourite composer, though. 

2. What are your plans for after university/college? 

Willa: I'd love to own a restaurant someday. Creative opportunity + be my own boss = top goal in life.
Jem: Um. 

3. What are some items on your bucket lists?

Willa: 1.Actually create a bucket list. 2. Do some of the stuff on it. 
Jem: I don’t like to call it a bucket list, but here goes: Be healthy Visit every province Play music in some professional capacity Adopt a cat and name it Jeff Go to university Live in a foreign country 

4. How do you feel about having an unusual name?

Willa: Sometimes it's handy. I've never had a teacher label me Willa K. because there's another kid with the exact same name in the class. I think people remember odd names better, too. 
Jem: I was named after my granddad. It was my first hand-me-down. That said, no one ever needs to know what the nickname is short for. 

5. Willa: What was it like growing up with such a wide age gap between you and your siblings?

They really did dote on me, but being so much younger there was also a lot of being left out. I grew up knowing that everyone around me was smarter than I was and in on jokes that I didn't realize had been made. Like Santa Claus and the Easter Bunny. I didn't want to be the "baby" lagging behind Frank and Tessa--except when being the youngest meant special privileges. Then I milked it for all it was worth.

6. Jem: What was it like to grow up with siblings so close in age?

Theft, theft, and more theft. Clothes, hobby items, toys, etc. If it was left unguarded, one of my siblings stole it. But at least there was always someone to play with. I remember creating a lot of space ships out of old cardboard boxes. 

7. What's one thing you wish you could change about yourself?

Willa: Nothing. Own what you are and make no apologies.
Jem: I'd be able to tan. 

8. Favourite subject in school and why?

Willa: English. I enjoy essay writing more than I should. Arguing just comes naturally.
Jem: Music. I like the sense of relaxation I get in class, and the feeling of accomplishment when I master a new piece. 

9. How do you feel about love at first sight?

Willa: It's probably not love.
Jem: Then you'd miss out on learning not to hate each other. It goes loathing, resentment, tolerance, friendship, and then love.

10. What are the best times of your life?

Willa: When I've got a fridge full of raw ingredients and a free afternoon ahead of me. 
Jem: The moments that make it painfully obvious how alive you are.
* * * * *
Abria Mattina's links

Follow the rest of the WAKE tour!

12/1 review @ Maria's Handmade Love
12/2 review @ Books Glorious Books
12/4 review @ Nightly Reading
12/5 review @ aobibliosphere
12/6 guest post @ Kickin Back with Kiwi
12/7 guest post @ aobibliosphere
12/10 guest post @ Maria's Handmade Love
12/10 review @ All things books
12/10 review @ The Book Diva's Reads
12/11 review @ Just Another Book Addict
12/12 guest post @ Books Glorious Books
12/12 guest post @ Just Another Book Addict
12/14 review @ Owl Tell You About It
12/15 guest post @ Owl Tell You About It
12/16 review @ Celtic Lady's Reviews
12/17 guest post @ The Book Diva's Reads
12/18 guest post @ The Phantom Paragrapher
12/19 guest post @ Nightly Reading
12/21 review @ Kickin Back With Kiwi
12/22 review @ Just One More Paragraph
12/22 guest post @ All things books
12/23 guest post @ Just One More Paragraph
12/30 guest post @ Celtic Lady's Reviews


i would like to say thank you to Abria Mattina for guest posting today and to you as well for stopping by.

check out my review of Wake HERE





No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...