tнє ℓσνє σf ℓєαяnιng, tнє ѕєqυєѕtєяє∂ nσσкѕ αn∂ αℓℓ tнє ѕωєєt ѕєяєnιtу σf bσσкѕ. - нєηяу ωα∂ѕωσяtн ℓσngƒєℓℓσω
today 6/2/16 on aobibliosphere™ [aobibliospotlight™: A Boy Made of Blocks by Keith Stuart]

Wednesday, March 21, 2012

02 Tribute Books guest post: a writer's journey by Larry Peterson

Larry Peterson
I have always wanted to be a writer but my journey to get there followed a convoluted path that found me spending 15 years in the building trades in New York City (Metal  Lathers & Reinforcing Iron Workers), having to leave that business because an insidious illness called MS pulled off a sneak attack on my central nervous system leaving me stumbling around like a drunk and then being almost unable to walk at all. That was 30 years ago and, today, after many, many prayers and a lot of hard work, I use no walking aids and get around just like most everyone else. My wife, Loretta, my three kids and I moved to Florida when this was all "going down" and I have been here ever since. Loretta died nine years ago from cancer (melanoma) and I married a widow five years ago (a great gal named Marty) who spent most of 2011 undergoing chemo treatments for lymphoma. Right now, as we begin the New Year, she is in remission. I also am a cancer survivor (prostate) and this May I will be five years cancer free. Seems that cancer is like Al-Qaeda - always sneaking around, attacking people and trying to kill them. Fortunately, due to incredible advances in research and treatments, cancer is not  nearly as successful as it used to be although it is far from being eradicated.
The Priest and the Peaches
So - I am a husband,  father, grandfather and officially a senior citizen finally doing what I always wanted to do - I'm a writer. It is my "permanent senior moment" and The Priest and the Peaches is my first published novel. My first book, Slippery Willie's Stupid, Ugly Shoes (an illustrated children's story) was published a year ago and right now I am working on the sequel to The Priest and the Peaches.

for more information about Larry Peterson, his novel The Priest and The Peaches and its publisher Tribute Books, please click HERE

i would like to say thank you to author Larry Peterson for guest posting today and to you as well for stopping by.

Enhanced by Zemanta

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...