tнє ℓσνє σf ℓєαяnιng, tнє ѕєqυєѕtєяє∂ nσσкѕ αn∂ αℓℓ tнє ѕωєєt ѕєяєnιtу σf bσσкѕ. - нєηяу ωα∂ѕωσяtн ℓσngƒєℓℓσω
today 6/2/16 on aobibliosphere™ [aobibliospotlight™: A Boy Made of Blocks by Keith Stuart]

Thursday, March 15, 2012

40 Bewitching Book Tours: perpetual light by Jordan K. Rose + give@way


blurb:

Perpetual Light
Fate is cruel. Especially when the one you’ve sworn to love for all eternity, the very soul who changed your destiny is the last person you should trust.
   
After more than three hundred years of running, Lucia Dicomano must make a choice.
     
Forced to take her place as a Pharo of Redemption, the divine slayer needs to master her forgotten powers. Lucia turns to Vittorio, the one vampire she’s failed to deliver from eternal damnation. But overcoming smoldering remnants of love, lust and anger aren’t their only obstacles.
   
Samuel, who may know Lucia better than she knows herself, hunts her with a fervor stoked by a thousand years of vengeful hatred. His plan—capture and enslave the weakened Pharo then take control of her elusive power. 
   
Can Lucia trust Vittorio long enough to reclaim her powers? Or will she have no choice but to kill him and battle Samuel alone?
   
excerpt


A peek into Vittorio’s heart


The Abyss called to me, begging me to return. Silence rose, and the iron chains of destiny bound me. In the distance, the fading memory of my life dimmed to darkness. Suspended in the familiar calm, I waited to hear my own shallow breaths, knowing that my breathing would stop, and the screaming would begin. The screams of a woman tormented, a woman standing on the precipice of life, poised to lunge into the utter blackness of death. My screams. 
“VITTORIO! PLEASE!” I howled. 
Searing pain burned my throat, threatening to consume my entire body. 
“Help me.” My cry slashed through the darkness. 
Death lingered in the shadows. 
The sound of my racing heart pounded in my ears. The little bit of air that passed to my lungs ripped through my throat, fanning the flames.  
I tried to raise my hands to protect myself, but he stopped me. 
“Lucia, drink. It will help.” Coldness hardened his voice. He wasn’t as calm as usual. Something was wrong. “Drink.” 
He touched my lips. Liquid as thick as honey and just as sweet dripped into my mouth, coating my tongue and throat, soothing me as it stopped the burning. I moved my tongue, trying to recognize the flavor and feel of the elixir. 
My mouth latched onto his forearm. An eager moan slipped from my lips as my teeth cut into his flesh. I tore open his skin, and my mouth flooded with his blood. 
He lurched away from me, and I jerked him back, sucking as hard as I could. I wasn’t finished. I was greedy. I wanted more, more. I wanted it all. Give it to me!
“Easy, Lucia. I’m not going anywhere.” His deep, sexy voice added to my pleasure. The way my name rolled off his tongue excited me. His accent always made everything sound sexier than it was. I wanted to yank him down on top of me and make love to him. 
I remembered the last time we made love, the sound of his breathing, the smell of his body, the taste of his kisses, the feel of him inside me. It all came back to me, all at once. I sucked harder and faster. 
My hips moved, wanting him on top of me. I wanted to let go of his arm and pull him down, but I couldn’t. I couldn’t take my mouth off him. He tasted divine. I couldn’t waste even a drop of him. I had to have all of him. I needed him. 
I sucked until my jaw hurt. My cheeks barely worked. My tongue was raw from licking his open flesh. I couldn’t stop myself. My drinking slowed, but didn’t stop. 
I began to orient to my surroundings. There was no way I could have pulled him down on to me. He wasn’t in front of me at all. I was lying against him, comfortably cradled in his arms, my head resting on his chest. 
This time my satisfied moan was softer than the last one. I could barely drink another drop. My grip loosened. His arm pulled away from my mouth, and I let it go, dropping my hands to my lap, exhausted. “Vittorio?” 
“Yes, cuore mio?”
“I don’t feel good.”
“No. You won’t for a while. Go to sleep.”
“What? Why don’t I feel good? I’m too full.” 
“It’s the process. It takes time. You’ll feel better when you awaken.” 
My stomach gurgled, my throat burning again. My body hurt everywhere, like thousands of needles jabbing into every inch of me. “Vittorio, help me. Make it stop. Please.” Tears seeped from my tightly closed eyes. As I rolled onto my side, he followed, wrapping his arms around me. 
A monstrous groan ripped from my chest, I felt like I was going to vomit, violently.  My stomach churned. I was afraid I’d have diarrhea and vomit at the same time. “Vittorio. Help me.” 
“You’ll be fine, Lucia. This will pass. Then you’ll sleep.”
“Why is this happening? Why did you let this happen?”
“It’s the only way.” He squeezed me tighter.  
As wave after wave of nausea subsided, torrents of excruciating pain rolled over me. Needles pricked at me, harder and harder, deeper and deeper, making it impossible to relax. A fire raged in my throat. I thought for sure I’d be engulfed in flames. Sweat poured off me. I cried, begging for sleep to take me, begging to die. 
He didn’t respond to my cries, just held me tighter against his chest as he kissed my head. His sweet breath felt good against my flaming body. I inhaled as deeply as I could, smelling him. Even with the pain and nausea, his scent was wonderful. He smelled of the vineyard: like the outdoors, like sun-kissed grapevines. Between the waves of agony I knew I wanted him, needed to have him. I was ravenous for him.
Finally, my body stopped. Everything just stopped. The convulsing, the nausea, the needle pricks all stopped. Even my desire for him ceased. I felt nothing. I lay there unable to move, or open my eyes, or even breathe. 
My inability to breathe frightened me. I tried to inhale. No air moved. I listened for the pounding of my heart. It should have throbbed loudly. But my heart didn’t flinch. 
Did I die? 
“You did not die, Lucia. You will be fine. Sleep,” he commanded. His presence moved inside me, but it wasn’t the one I had come to recognize and love. Not the desirous passion I longed to feel. This was the other one, the one that frightened me, the powerful one that could crush me, stamping me out with just a thought. 
Why is that one back? What have I done? Why has he become that one? 
“Go to sleep.” 
The need to obey him overwhelmed me. Those words invaded every cell of my being, giving me no option but to comply. I simply relaxed against him and slept. 


My eyes opened to the darkness of a cave. It was pitch black, yet I saw everything. Each speck of dirt on the ground was clearly visible. The carvings on the wall twenty feet away were plain as day. Feet stomped near me, and I turned in the direction of the sound. Ants moved. I watched and listened, astonished, as they marched to their holes.  
Vittorio’s breath breezed across my neck, bringing my attention back to him. When I rolled over, my movements felt odd, out of order, as though I was moving too fast.
The sight of his face thrilled me. The green and gold flecks of his eyes shimmered while his hungry smile flashed in the darkness. Wavy brown hair fell softly down his neck. 
I wanted him. I ripped his shirt open and tried to pin him to the ground. But he pushed me onto my back and pressed his lips to mine, kissing me with such fervor I thought he might crush my lips. He undressed me and was on top of me in seconds. 
We made love on the dirt floor of the cave, and, for the first time, I was not worried about anything. All I could do was enjoy him. He was perfect. Enveloped in his aroma, I closed my eyes to better savor it. His kiss tasted as sweet as a grape just plucked from the vine on a sunny autumn day. His calloused hands moved across my body, punctuating my rapture. 
Our bodies shuddered with ecstasy as we climaxed together. His breath fanned my face, then my chest as I arched my back in his arms. “Vittorio.” We shared the most beautiful experience of my life. I wanted it to go on forever.
But it ended, abruptly. 
Pain shot from my throat straight to my heart when his teeth ripped through my neck. I screamed and tried to push him off me. “Vittorio, no. Why?”
He did not answer immediately. Instead, he drank in long, slow swallows. He only took a few sips of me, but it was enough. Lifting his head, he stared into my eyes. “You are mine. I am your creator. You are my child.”
My mind raced. What is he saying? What does he mean? What could this…Oh God.
“You created me? You created me?” Panic gripped me. 
“Yes.” The answer was absolute. No going back. No way to reverse courses. 
“I’m a vampire?” I screamed and I shoved him off me. 
Standing in the dark cave, naked and shaking, unable to accept what he had said, I listened to my soul howling its angst.  
Then I crumbled to my knees, unable to bear the weight of eternal damnation.

   
where to purchase the book:

about the author:
   
Jordan K. Rose
after trying her hand at many, many things- from crafting and art classes to cooking and sewing classes to running her own handbag business, Jordan finally figured out how to channel her creativity. with an active imagination and a little encouragement from her husband she sat down and began to write, each night clicking away at the keys with her black Labrador, Dino curled up under the desk. 
   
a few short years later she’s entered the publishing arena with no plans to ever turn back. 
   
Jordan’s a member of Rhode Island Romance Writers, as well as RWA National, and the New England (NEC), Connecticut, and Fantasy, Futuristic and Paranormal (FFnP) Chapters. 
   
her first book, Perpetual Light, was released in February of 2012 from Crescent Moon Press.
   
follow her on the web:
giveaway!!!
enter to win any of these cool prizes. simply fill in the Rafflecopter widget below. 

a Rafflecopter giveaway




No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...