Special for Sundays is an original feature, created by Heather of ‘Heather's Opinion on All Things Book Related’ and Ems of ‘In which Ems Reviews Books’.
we will rotate each week through various subjects, as follows:we hope you will join us for this fun feature!
- 1st Sunday: one of your Favorite Books and why is it so special to you
- 2nd Sunday: two books that everyone must read and why
- 3rd Sunday: one of your Favorite Authors and why you pick their books up again and again
- 4th Sunday: a book on your TBR list, why you picked it, and when do you hope to read it
- 5th Sunday (on the rare occasions): random book we have read and a quickie review
when i was about 9 or 10, i received from my aunt a boxed set of C.S. Lewis' The Chronicles of Narnia. i still have it but a couple of years ago, the same aunt gifted me with a hardcover omnibus edition. now i have all the 7 stories in one hefty volume!
i also have a boxed set and an omnibus edition of J.R.R. Tolkien's The Lord of the Rings Trilogy and The Hobbit. both are relatively new but i have - under lock and key - first edition paperback copies of these novels. my Mom had them when she was still single and they are among my treasured books.
these two collections are my top favorites and i will never get tired of reading them. needless to say, they are also books that everyone should and must read.