tнє ℓσνє σf ℓєαяnιng, tнє ѕєqυєѕtєяє∂ nσσкѕ αn∂ αℓℓ tнє ѕωєєt ѕєяєnιtу σf bσσкѕ. - нєηяу ωα∂ѕωσяtн ℓσngƒєℓℓσω
today 6/2/16 on aobibliosphere™ [aobibliospotlight™: A Boy Made of Blocks by Keith Stuart]

Friday, April 12, 2013

37 The Friday 56: Aztec by Gary Jennings

The Friday 56 is hosted by Freda over at Freda's Voice
how to participate:
  • grab a book, any book.
  • turn to page 56 or 56% of your e-reader
  • find any sentence, (or few, just don't spoil it) that grabs you.
  • post it.
  • add your (url) post in Linky HERE. add the post url, not your blog url. it's that simple.

i was on vacation last week and i missed posting this meme. i shied away from the Internet as much as possible and connected with a better server - Real Life! 
anyway, this book is very special to me. my interest in the Azteca began with this book. i got it as a birthday present from my Mom when i was in my late teens. a colleague borrowed it and did not return it. i felt so bad about losing such a precious gift especially since my Mom wrote something on it. she passed away already and those words would never be rewritten again. for years, i scoured bookstores looking for the same edition but never found one. however, through some mysterious yet wonderful workings of the Universe, my book found itself way back to me! i could hardly believe it myself! 

"I came to a crossroads, and there was a stone bench there. I had not passed that way in some time, but now I remembered that the bench bore several incised symbols, and I forgot everything else. I forgot that it was not almost too dark for me even to see the carvings, let alone decipher them. I forgot why the bench was there. I forgot all the lurking things that might descend on me as the night descended. I even heard an owl hoot somewhere nearby, and paid that omen of danger no attention. There was something there to read, or try to read, and I could not pass by without trying."


No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...