tнє ℓσνє σf ℓєαяnιng, tнє ѕєqυєѕtєяє∂ nσσкѕ αn∂ αℓℓ tнє ѕωєєt ѕєяєnιtу σf bσσкѕ. - нєηяу ωα∂ѕωσяtн ℓσngƒєℓℓσω
today 6/2/16 on aobibliosphere™ [aobibliospotlight™: A Boy Made of Blocks by Keith Stuart]

Friday, June 14, 2013

45 The Friday 56: Cinderella is Evil (The Fairy Tales Retold Series) by Jamie Campbell

The Friday 56 is hosted by Freda over at Freda's Voice
how to participate:
  • grab a book, any book.
  • turn to page 56 or 56% of your e-reader
  • find any sentence, (or few, just don't spoil it) that grabs you.
  • post it.
  • add your (url) post in Linky HERE. add the post url, not your blog url. it's that simple.
have you ever stopped to consider that Cinderella could be an evil person? was there more to the orphaned and maltreated girl's story than we were lead to believe all this time? 
this interesting twist to the classic fairy tale is told from the point of view of Anastasia - one of the ugly step-sisters. 

"What were you thinking?" At first I thought the voice might have been inside my head, but it was worse. Tesslyn was nudging me, amusement in her eyes. At least she found the humor in my annihilation. 
I could feel the tears starting to well in my eyes. I couldn't stay there a moment longer, I was a laughing stock. For a moment I wondered what Mother would say when she found out. Someone would tell her everything, I knew that was a certainty.


1 comment:

Aloi (guiltlessreading) said...

i've been bad with my blog rounds lately, ao! well, i always disliked cinderella (well the disney version) so i;m going to agree with that title hahaha!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...